Friday, April 1, 2011

Who's that Homeless Guy wandering around?

So, on Monday I started walking around the business park where I work with this 28 lb. backpack on.  I also brought in my new hiking boots to start to bring them in.  My typical noontime walk is a 1.5 mile route that I get done in 25-30 minutes.  Usually, I carry a grip strengthener because a few years ago I had a bit of a run in with tendinitis and the physical therapist gave me some exercises to strengthen my grip and exercise my arms.  I guess the people in the neighborhood have gotten used to this bearded dude wandering around doing Nazi salutes at lunchtime.

On Monday, though, some bearded dude was now wandering around with a big backpack on his back.  This is a prestigious community, they generally don't let people like that just wander around at lunchtime.  Most cars that drove by gave me a double take trying to figure out what was up with that.  Before I got back to my desk, I had three people ask me what the blazes was going on.  Did my wife throw me out?  Did the bank take away the house?

So I sent out a notice to everyone at work on Monday telling them that, No, I wasn't losing my house or wife, just maybe my mind.  I explained to them about my quest, what windmills were in my way, and how I was preparing for it.  I also gave them the link to this blog, so we'll see if my stats go up.

No comments:

Post a Comment