Monday, April 25, 2011

Day in the Pond

Since it was a nice day on Saturday, I spent much of the day cleaning out the pond in the back yard.  Our fish pond is not like one of those anteseptic, cute ponds that you see in the Martha Steward magazines.  No, our pond is au-natural, that is, trying to become a swamp by filling itself it with detritus.  So once per year, in a vain attempt to keep some water in place for the fish to swim in, I climb in and scrape out a bunch of mostly pine needles. 

Saturday was that day.  The air temperature was in the 60's, however, the water temperature was in the 40's.  I got it halfway pumped out before I had to climb in.  After losing all the feeling in my feet and having the nerves in my hands tingling because of the cold, I fished out what I could and called it a day. 

That got me to thinking, though, what about hygiene on the trail?  Skinny Dipping in glacier runoff can be seen as a sure-fire way to hypothermia.  So, I guess I'll have to do some research and share with you what I find out about keeping yourself sort of clean on the trail. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah dear I like your blog very much but If you put some pics than it will be more fun..!

    Pond Filters

    ReplyDelete