Saturday, April 9, 2011

They didn't throw me out of Starbucks.

A member of our church is trying to get a Men's Bible Study/Fellowship group started, and we decided we'd have an organizational meeting at Starbucks.  The Starbucks is only about 2 miles from my house, so I decided that if the weather cooperated, I'd strap on the backpack and get some training in.  So, I woke up and although it was a bit chilly, the hike to Starbucks was uneventful. 

The looks I got, though, when I walked in were priceless.  I should have ordered before I took off my backpack to see what they'd say.  That could have been interesting. 

By the end of the morning, I'd walked about 4.5 miles (with very little elevation change) without too hard of an effort.  The exercise and training seems to be paying off, for I can see my stamina increasing, my weight is dropping and although my legs are sore at the end of the day, they're not so sore that I can't function. 

I'm starting to believe that I can actually accomplish this.  Now all I have to do is find a companion. 

1 comment:

  1. ...so if you are willing to change the date so I can be home by July 18th...

    ReplyDelete