Saturday, April 2, 2011

Geocaching? Hiking? no, Shopping.

Garrison Keillor is coming to Saint Michelle Winery and Ticketmaster had a $12.50 surcharge per ticket to buy a $39 ticket, a 32% premium.  Not wanting to get ripped off by monopolistic money grabbers, Gail and I decided to drive down to the Winery today (it's only about 15 miles away at the most).  So, while we were down there, we figured we'd go geocaching.  We found about half a dozen along the Sammamish River Trail so I thought I'd strap on my backpack and get some exercise in. 

The tickets were bought, but we managed one geocache before the sky turned dark and it began to rain.  Given that the forecast was supposed to be for rain, rain and more rain, we decided to head home.  Unfortunately, we had to drive by Woodinville on the way back home, past Sir Plus, an Army surplus store.  I love surplus stores, mostly because you never know what you'll find.  We stopped in there, and I picked up an Ammo can (for hiding a geocache), a rain coat, and Gail got two pair of gloves.  All for less than $40.  We decided not to get any MREs (Tuna and Tortellini), a spork, Camo clothes or bullet shells.  Then we went to Petsmart to get dog treats (since Zoe was with us).

By the time we got home, the sun was out again, so we took our standard walk around the neighborhood.  It started sprinkling by the time we got home.  It would have been nicer going along the trail, but I'm also not one that's going to get soaked when I don't have to.  It's supposed to be nicer tomorrow, so I'm thinking on heading down to Meadowdale Beach Park.  That's a 2.5 to 3 mile hike down Lunds Gulch to the Sound.

1 comment:

  1. You geocache too! Now we definitely need to go out cache hunting.

    ReplyDelete