Thursday, February 3, 2011

Gear: Tent Groundcloth

OK, they probably don't call them groundcloths anymore, but it is wise to have a vapor barrier between the tent and the ground.  So the next item on the gear list is a Groundcloth.

So, I can't remember if I got this when I got the tent, or if we went back to REI at a later date, but now that I'm reading the instructions, it looks like it's more than just a groundcloth.  Apparently, this "Fast Pack Footprint" can be used as a ground cloth, or in conjunction with the fly as a shelter in it's own right.  With this little device, I guess you can leave the tent at home.  Amazing what you learn when you actually read the directions!

I have no idea how I'll be using this, but it looks like I've got some choices.  Given that this is a bit smaller than the items so far, I've pulled out our postage scale to weigh this item.  Coming in at 9 oz. wrapped, it's the Fast Pack Footprint! 

This ought to be fun setting it up.

1 comment: